Two-Sentence Thrillers




They said Widow Wallace had a big heart.
What they didn’t know was she kept it
in a jar of formaldehyde on the nightstand beside her bed.

* * *

The doorbell rang.
It was a special delivery from her husband
who died last summer.

* * *

A chilling breeze blew across her face
as she pulled the blanket up around her chin.
The breeze stopped and her eyes flew open when she realized
it was a snowy night and all the windows were closed.

* * *

She heard a strange noise in the basement and got out of bed.
She tiptoed down the hall to the door, slowly turned the knob,
until it slowly started turning back.


* * *





Write your own two-sentence thriller
and add it to the comments section below.



©Charles Ghigna





2 comments:

  1. Her breathing slowed. It seemed to smile in satisfaction.

    -------

    Squeezing behind the bookshelf, he tried his best to remain hidden. Alas, it was in vain.

    -------

    No one knew where the body had gone. The bigger question was, when would it return?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to come up with a two-sentence thriller, but I kept creeping myself out. I guess I don't have the stomach for it this morning. My favorite of yours is the last one and my favorite of Matt's is also his last one :-)

    ReplyDelete