Be Still in the World



Be still in the world wherever you are,
Listen to life’s lullaby;
The heartbeat, the breathing, the giving, receiving,
The sun and the moon and the star.

They all shine true through the essence of you,
A beacon of boundless light;
The father, the mother, the sister, the brother,
All are within you tonight.

Let the flow of the seas, the lilt of the breeze,
The rush and the calm of all time
Carry your dreams along rivers and streams
And let you be still where you are.


© Charles Ghigna

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful, breathtaking, inspirational poem, Charles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Marileta, breathtakingly beautiful poem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this poem! This is how I feel sitting on my porch at night with the citronella candles glowing! Wonderful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charles,
    This is one of my favorites...it is gorgeous and going into my notebook for when I need peace.
    A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 4th to you all!

    May your poems continue to brighten the skies.
    May your independent spirits continue to soar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been carrying your poem inside me all week, Charles. And now I'm linking to it on my Poetry Friday blog.

    ReplyDelete